Saturday 3 January 2015

DPS Inspiration

Q's DPS i really like because of the way they have used colour and font to sculpt the DPS. The colour's are both striking and eye catching and make the text and image stand out. I particularly like the use of the Large Capital J behind the text as it not only links with the artist but also makes a seemingly blank page bright and captivating. I plan to use something similar to this to make my own text stand out as i think the use of it is very good and i think it adds something different to my magazine. 
This DPS has inspired me because of the way it combines a number of images with a large amount of text to great effect,
the pictures do not take up too much room and seem to perfectly compliment the text. The font used for the titles is also very good as it is both very clear and eye catching at the same time. The images seem to surround the text which is unusual, what is also unusual is the amount of images used. Normally this would be too many images but in this particular case i think it works very well as it gives a very personal touch to the article, we are allowed to get up close to the two members of Twin Atlantic which works very well. I think i will use this DPS as my main inspiration as i want to create something outside the box for my DPS and i want to incorporate how the magazine has used a large number of pictures but has not cut down on the amount of text. I think it is a good DPS to use as an inspiration for my magazine.



No comments:

Post a Comment